Wednesday, May 6, 2015

7th MAY PRAMOD MOUTHO WAS BORN


Pramod Moutho

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Pramod Moutho
PramodMoutho.jpg
Pramod Moutho in 2010
BornPramod Sharma
1955 (age 59–60)
Amritsar, Punjab
Other namesPramod Muthu
Occupationactor
Years active1989-present
A Candid Shot of Kaivalya Chheda with Johnny LeverTiku Talsania and Pramod Moutho
Pramod Moutho (Pramod Muthu) (born 1955) is an Indian film and television actor. He has appeared as a villain in number of noted Bollywood films, like Khalnayak (1993), Dilwale (1994)Raja Hindustani (1996), Gadar(2001) and Jodhaa Akbar (2008) and over 120 other Hindi movies.

Biography[edit]

Born at Amritsar in 1955 as Pramod Sharma, Pramod Moutho started acting in stage plays while studying in NJSA Government CollegeKapurthala. He, along with Lalit Behl, Satish Sharma, Ravi Deep and Harjeet Walia staged plays. As a college student, Pramod used to play Mouth Organ. That is how his friends gave him the name Moutho. He got his diploma from Department of Indian Theatre.

Career[edit]

He started his career as a freelancing as a stage actor in Punjab and Delhi, where he worked for a for few years.
He acted in a number of TV plays, telefilms and TV Serials including Supne Te ParchhavenBuniyad and Bebasi. After working with National School of Drama Repertory Company, New Delhi for some time, he shifted to Mumbai to try his luck in films.[1] He has acted in a number of films including Khalnayak and Raja Hindustani.

Filmography[edit]

Television[edit]

Stage[edit]

  • Hewers of Coal
  • Kya Number Badlega
  • Chhatrian
  • Nayak Katha
  • Balde Tibbe (Desire Under the Elms)
  • Shuturmurg
  • Surya Ki Antim Kiran Se Surya Ki Pehli Kiran Tak

References[edit]

  1. Jump up^ "Actor by Chance: Pramod Moutho filled in for someone on stage and…". Indian Express. May 30, 2010.
  2. Jump up^ Trailer -- Ankhon Mein Tum Ho Indian Express, Dec 26 1997.
  3. Jump up^ "Preview: Lahore". The Times of India. Mar 5, 2010.
http://www.thehindu.com/todays-paper/tp-features/tp-fridayreview/my-first-break-pramod-moutho/article517676.ece

http://www.tellychakkar.com/tv/tv-news/sony-tvs-encounter-launch-11-april-rajesh-promod-aditya-parag-and-adaa-feature-the-first

External links[edit]

my first break Pramod moutho

AS TOLD TO ANUJ KUMAR
PRINT   ·   T  T  
How it happened
My real name is Pramod Sharma and I am a Punjabi Brahmin from Kapurthala. I got my surname Moutho because during college days I used to play the mouth organ quite well. I could play almost any tune. In 1972, during the National Youth Festival when one of the actors backed out at the last minute, I was asked to take the stage two days before the performance. After doing amateur theatre for a few years, I moved to Delhi for a bigger break. Here I joined the NSD Repertory. In fact I was the first non-NSD trained actor who did plays for the Repertory. For eight years I did all kinds of roles. In 1989 I moved to Mumbai when Dr. Chandraprakash Dwivedi offered me the role of Mahamantri Shaktar in “Chanakya”.
I started moving in film circles. Mahesh Bhatt gave me a small role in “Daddy”. But the real break came with Subhash Ghai's “Khalnayak”. In 1992 I was told that Ghai sahib is doing auditions for a role in the film. I still remember it was August 2. I was called to Mehboob Studios.
I was the 16th person to be auditioned. People were coming and going in a few minutes, but Ghai sahib chatted with me for a good 30 minutes. He took me inside the studio where the rehearsals for “Nayak Nahin Khalnayak Hoo Main” were going on. I had goose bumps. He saw something in me. I showed him my portfolio and he looked quite impressed.
He told me he would tell me his decision in a week. I asked him if I could go to my native place in between, and he asked why. I said, “I am getting married.” He smiled and said, “Go enjoy.” It was a week of mixed emotions. On the one hand I was starting my family, and on the other the biggest decision of my career was being made in Bombay.
Those days there was no mobile. So I used to sit next to the landline waiting for the call. The phone came and I was called. Ghai sahib said: I am launching a new villain: Pramod Moutho.
How it felt
Well, it was a life changing moment. I started believing in destiny. It was a learning experience. Soon I grew in confidence. There is a scene where when Roshan Mahanta (the character Pramod played) goes to young Ballu's (Sanjay Dutt played the grown up Ballu) house on Diwali with a basket full of crackers and toys to bribe his honest father, Ballu quietly takes a few things from the basket.
Roshan notices it and says chalta haihota hai. This was not part of the script. It was my improvisation. Ghai sahib liked it and said: ‘add duniya hai to it'. It became my punch line in the film and is still remembered by fans.
How life changed
Soon I became one of the most sought after villains in the industry. Hits like “Dilwale” followed.
Soon I began to realise that I was doing the same thing, only the sets were changing. This industry is such that when the going is good it gives you everything. Suddenly somebody who could easily run his house in 10,000 rupees begins to find even a lakh per month insufficient. But when it finds a new star, a new villain, it quickly takes everything back.
By then you become so used to a status that you are forced to maintain a secretary, a big car, a driver…. Acting is a profession where you can't create a platform for your skill. Somebody else has to notice your versatility to put it to use.
At one time I became so insecure that I had to accept Punjabi and Bhojpuri films. Then I decided enough is enough and cut down on assignments. Now I have returned with a powerful role of a mentally disturbed doctor in “Maan Rahe Tera…Pitaah” on Sony Entertainment Television.
As told to ANUJ KUMAR
MORE IN: FRIDAY REVIEW | FEATURES

  1. Free Astrology Prediction‎

    जाहिरातwww.astrologyprediction.in/
    free answer to your unlimited query on love, romance, business,health
  2. Free Horoscope & Remedies‎

    जाहिरातwww.vedicrishi.in/
    Get Your Astro-Reports, Gems,Charts Match-Making & Lal-Kitab - All Free

    2 comments:

    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      ReplyDelete
    2. Your Tomorrow Horoscope is now available for free on AstroVed.com, so what are you waiting for? Get your horoscope predictions to find out what the next day holds for you on love, career and more.

      ReplyDelete